Archive for category Tag
Or at least that’s what Psych calls it, and since I stole the tag from her, I thought why not steal the title too. So here goes my list -
Strike = Been there, done that.
1. Graduated high school.
2. Kissed someone.
3. Smoked a cigarette.
4. Got so drunk you passed out.
5. Rode every ride at an amusement park.
6. Collected something stupid.
7. Gone to a rock concert.
8. Helped someone.
9. Gone fishing.
10. Watched four movies in one night.
11. Lied to someone.
12. Snorted cocaine.
13. Smoked weed.
14. Failed a subject.
15. Been in a car accident.
16. Been in a tornado.
17. Watched someone die.
18. Been to a funeral.
19. Burned yourself.
20. Run a marathon.
21. Cried yourself to sleep.
22. Spent over 10,000 bucks in one day.
23. Flown on an aeroplane.
24. Cheated on someone.
25. Been cheated on.
26. Written a 10 page letter.
27. Gone skiing.
28. Been sailing.
29. Cut yourself.
30. Had a best friend.
31. Lost someone you loved.
32. Got into trouble for something you didn’t do.
33. Stolen a book from the library
34. Gone to a different country.
35. Watched the Harry Potter movies.
36. Had an online diary.
37. Fired a gun.
38. Gambled in a casino.
39. Been in a school play.
40. Been fired from a job.
41. Taken a lie detector test.
42. Swam with dolphins.
43. Voted for someone on a reality TV show.
44. Written poetry.
45. Read more than 20 books a year.
46. Gone to Europe.
47. Loved someone you shouldn’t have.
48. Used a colouring book over age 12.
49. Had a surgery.
50. Had stitches.
51. Taken a Taxi.
52. Had more than 5 IM conversations going on at once.
53. Been in a fist fight.
54. Suffered any form of abuse.
55. Had a pet.
56. Petted a wild animal.
57. Had your own credit card & bought something with it.
58. Dyed your hair.
59. Got a tattoo.
60. Had something pierced.
61. Got straight As.
62. Known someone personally with HIV or AIDS.
63. Taken pictures with a webcam.
64. Lost something expensive.
65. Gone to sleep with music on.
Don’t know what the point of doing this was, but I liked it. It’s easy and fun. Go on, do it if you feel like.
Rules — well, since I didn’t follow the rules (like Comfy said, it was meant to be broken, you see) I’m not going to post them here.
- Asked someone to marry you? Guilty. Whenever family / friends / relatives get going on the “But you are getting old, it’s time to settle down” sermon (which btw, is whole rant worthy post in itself), I walk out and propose to the first guy I see. Yes, I get that desperate. Blah.
- Ever kissed someone of the same sex? Guilty. What? You want one too? Be nice to me and I won’t mind giving you a peck on your cheek.
- Danced on a table in a bar? Innocent.
- Ever told a lie? Guilty. Go back to my response to the first question.
- Had feelings for someone whom you can’t have back? I don’t understand this question. Please explain if you want me to answer.
- Kissed a picture? Innocent. You can trust me with your photos, I won’t take advantage of them.
- Slept in until 5 PM? Innocent. Ok, even for me 5PM is too late a time to be sleeping until. The worst I’ve done is 2PM, I think…that too only after falling asleep at 6 in the morning.
- Fallen asleep at work/school? Innocent. I’m a good girl…like you didn’t know that already!
- Held a snake? Innocent. I’m not the cool adventurous type, ok?
- Been suspended from school? Innocent. Again, I’m a good girl.
- Worked at a fast food restaurant? Innocent.
- Stolen from a store? Innocent.
- Been fired from a job? Innocent.
- Done something you regret? Guilty. Like right now…doing this tag…I’m bored already.
- Laughed until something you were drinking came out your nose? Guilty. I think.
- Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Guilty. What fun is winter otherwise?
- Kissed in the rain? Guilty.
- Sat on a roof top? Guilty. But no, I didn’t contemplate jumping down.
- Kissed someone you shouldn’t? Too complicated a question, this one is. Who defines who I should or should not kiss? Say, if I kissed someone because I felt that I should and that person felt that I shouldn’t have, then what’s the ans supposed to be?
- Sang in the shower? Guilty. But I will nice and warn you that it’s not pleasant…not at all.
- Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? I can’t recall.
- Shaved your head? Guilty. When I was a kid; I don’t even remember.
- Had a boxing membership? Innocent. But I’m seriously considering getting it so that if and when I come across people who ask the “what are you wearing right now” “who /where/how/what have you kissed” type of questions, then I can boldly pick a fight.
- Made a girlfriend cry? Innocent.
- Been in a band? Innocent.
- Shot a gun? Innocent.
- Donated Blood? Guilty.
- Eaten alligator meat? Innocent. But if this tag doesn’t end soon, it’s going to frustrate me to no end and I’m gonna feed someone’s meat to an alligator.
- Eaten cheesecake? Guilty. Do I not rant enough about my ever growing midsection?
- Still love someone you shouldn’t? Again, should / shouldn’t – what does that mean?
- Have/had a tattoo? Innocent.
- Liked someone, but will never tell who? Innocent. Like/love is all good when shared…so why not tell the person and spread some joy, right?
- Been too honest? Guilty.
- Ruined a surprise? Innocent.
- Ate in a restaurant and got really bloated that you couldn’t walk afterward? Guilty.
- Erased someone in your friends list? Innocent.
- Dressed in a woman’s clothes (if you’re a guy) or man’s clothes (if you’re a girl)? Guilty. What’s the big deal?
- Joined a pageant? Innocent.
- Been told that you’re handsome or beautiful by someone who totally meant what they said? Shouldn’t you be asking this question to the person who said it? Wouldn’t they know better if they meant it or not?
- Had communication with your ex? Guilty. I have communication with my ex, my current and my future. Why do you ask?
- Got totally drunk on the night before exam? Innocent.
- Got totally angry that you cried so hard? Guilty. This totally describes what I’m feeling right now – Angry because of some idiotic questions in this tag; Cry, happy tears, because the tag is over.
Go on, if you are bored to death like I was, then do take this one up – it’s fun and annoying at the same time, a feeling that you don’t want to miss.
Have a nice weekend, folks!
Psych Babbler did this post last week and since I have nothing else to write about (I should actually say that I have a lot to write about, but I can’t seem to put it all down in words, anyway), I decided to take up this one…
- If I were a month, I’d be March…giving everyone chance to a new beginning, new hope as Spring steps in.
- If I were a day of the week, I’d be Friday…taking pleasure in the anticipation of weekend.
- If I were a time of day, I’d be Twilight…intoxicating everyone with a romantic ambiance.
- If I were a season, I’d be Fall…coloring everyone’s days with the hues of my leaves.
- If I were a planet, I’d be Earth…accepting everyone with love.
- If I were a direction, I’d be East…embracing the sun and the moon as they rise.
- If I were a piece of furniture, I’d be Book-shelf…ensuring that the treasure that is books live comfortably.
- If I were a liquid, I’d be Dewdrop…bringing out the freshness of everything I touch.
- If I were a tree, I’d be the Willow…standing tall, dancing to the tune of the wind.
- If I were a tool, I’d be a Knife…lending a helping hand with everyday chores.
- If I were a flower, I’d be Lily…blooming to delight every onlooker.
- If I were an element, I’d be Oxygen…serving all forms of life.
- If I were a gemstone, I’d be Diamond…shinning like the stars that fill the night sky.
- If I were a kind of weather, I’d be Lightning and Thunder…bringing a mystical quality to the surrounding.
- If I were a musical instrument, I’d be Flute…creating pleasant melody.
- If I were a color, I’d be Black…seeking solace.
- If I were an emotion, I’d be Joy…spreading to every corner of the earth.
- If I were a fruit, I’d be Mango…offering pleasure with every bite.
- If I were a sound, I’d be a Baby’s Laughter…charming and amusing.
- If I were a car, I’d be a Hybrid…saving fuel, saving earth.
- If I were a material, I’d be Cotton…providing comfort.
- If I were a food, I’d be Ice-cream…elating your mood when all else fails.
- If I were a taste, I’d be Spicy…making the tears fall.
- If I were a scent, I’d be the Floral…offering fragrance of heavenly bliss.
- If I were an object, I’d be Blank Paper…letting creativity give me life.
- If I were a song, I’d be Lullaby…carving way to a good night’s sleep.
- If I were a body part, I’d be Eyes…captivating everyone with my beauty.
- If I were a place, I’d be Seashore…calming souls with the song of crashing waves.
- If I were a facial expression, I’d be Smile…sharing it with anyone and everyone.
- If I were a pair of shoes, I’d be Sandals…enjoying every move comfortably.
Do the tag if you feel like…would love to read your version.
Have a great weekend, folks!
Two lovely bloggers – Nuttie and adarkcomedycalledlife, whose blogs I recently discovered, have tagged me post 7 random facts about myself. Now, given that I’ve already done tags about honest facts, strange facts and what not, I thought I would take this opportunity to write about my ‘firsts’. So, here it is – yet another dose about T for you to read…
- My first formal sex education/eye opener came from my sister. My younger sister, yes. A rather slow winter evening led me to shamelessly opening up about my ignorance and there she was all ready to go as if she’s been dying to enlighten me on the subject. And the fun part, you ask? It was an informative session for Amma too, or so it seemed. Amma’s “Oh is that how it happens?” “Aaahhh, I see.” “Hmm, now that’s interesting” were all so amusing. If you leave the 4 of us (me, Amma and the two younger devils) in a warm room on a cold winter day and ask us to entertain ourselves, then this is what happens. FUN!
- I got my first very own bicycle to me when I was in 9th std, or maybe 8th. I still remember the days when I used to ride the cycle to school…with two devils enjoying the ride blissfully. Three of us on a cycle with three school bags gets heavy, I tell you. But it used to be fun, nevertheless. The beloved cycle got stolen after few months, though :(.
- I received my first ticket for driving offense in the winter of 2007 on way to New Hampshire for skiing. That was a crazy morning, believe me (maybe a post about that later some day) and I was going about 85mph when the cop pulled me over. And my answer when he asked me why I was speeding was “Well, the road’s going downhill, what am I to do?” As I said, I was tensed about something else and I wasn’t thinking too much. The nice cop reminded me that there was a thing called ‘brake’ on vehicles and that I should practice using that. He let me go with a ticket – not for speeding, but for people in the rear seats not wearing seat belts. Thank goodness, it ended up being much cheaper compared to a speeding ticket, had I received one.
- The first place I visited in the US was Niagara Falls. Beautiful, magnificent, breathtaking. Need I say more?
- On the first day of my last year in high school, I mistook a student to be the physics teacher (not my fault, mind you…the guy was well-built and didn’t look anything like a teenager) and even had a conversation with him while I was still under the wrong impression. Embarrassing? It was, indeed. Funny? It sure is, in retrospect.
- My first ever vacation with close friends was in May 08. Four of us, from three different cities, went to Las Vegas. We roamed around the city, visited Hoover Dam and a park nearby, gambled and lost a bit of money, had loads of fun and returned swearing we would soon plan another trip, but that hasn’t happened, not yet.
- The first ever play I was a part of in school was Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice…I played Portia.
Ok enough about me – this really took me forever to complete. Now it’s my time to be gracious and pass it on for others to have as much fun as I did. I tag Celestial Rays, Psych Babbler, Prashanti, Dee, Abi, Chotu’s Amma and Matt…go ahead, share some 7 random things about yourself.
Varsh, I haven’t forgotten your tag, just that the creativity that’s needed to do it is lacking in me as of now. Will get to it…soon…I promise.
Saya tagged me to write some strange facts about myself…so here it goes -
- I loathe eggplant / brinjal. Whenever Amma cooks eggplant, the dish gets its own corner in the kitchen, its own sets of utensils, etc. Whatever spoons and such touch the eggplant must not even be near the vicinity of other dishes…I won’t eat it then. It’s always been that way. Why? Because, for some reason, it looks like cockroach to me, which I have eternal fear for and can’t ever get over. This is the one thing that will go in my marriage contract for sure – I will never ever ever ever ever make eggplant, and if the partner wishes to, then it must be treated the way I prefer.
- I get this inexplicable urge to wet my hair whenever I’m near any water body. Pond, lake, river, sea, ocean, waterfall, etc…if nearby, the first thing I do is get my hair wet, no matter how cold the water.
- I don’t like any helping hand when it comes to cleaning and cooking. I have to do it alone. If someone insists too much on helping out, then I will let that person do the work and I will sit back and relax. It’s got to be either just me or not me at all.
- I am not too fond of looking at myself – mirror, photos, whatever. I can’t stand the sight of me for more than few seconds…I guess that’s one main reason why I don’t wear make up.
- I’m not a fan of talking on the phone. I only call the parents on a regular basis…otherwise the phone is used only on a need basis. Online or face to face works best for me.
- I’m not too possessive when it comes to people I’m close to, but I’m extremely possessive when it comes to things I own.
- I do not like idli / dosa. I do eat a bite or two of dosa once in a blue moon, but cannot remember ever having idlis. And no one, not even my mother, knows where the aversion comes from.
- I was operated for appendicitis. And the doctor, by mistake, stitched me up with some small knife like thing in the stomach. So I was operated for the second time within a week to have that removed. What a nightmare that was!!!
- In my car, the temperature always has to be set to either an odd number or a multiple of five. I don’t know why. It just has to be that way, otherwise it bothers me. On the other hand, when I have mints, nuts, etc. I have to take them in even numbers.
- I eat okra only if I cook it. Won’t taste it even if Amma makes it…it has to be cut and cooked by me, otherwise I won’t have it. As simple as that.
- I’m scared of lizards. And the sight of a cockroach has the power to stop my heartbeat. I’m afraid of dogs, even puppies. I run as far as possible whenever I see one walking towards me.
There…I’m strange. Are you? Go on, do the tag if you haven’t already.
Where is your cell phone? – Table.
Your hair? – Falls :-(.
Your mother? – Everything.
Your father? – Unbelievable.
Your favorite food? – Ice cream :P.
Your dream last night? – Scary.
Your favorite drink? – Buttermilk.
Your dream/goal? – Happiness.
What room are you in? – Bedroom.
Your hobby? – Reading.
Your fear? – Roaches.
Where do you want to be in 6 years? -
Where were you last night? – Home.
Something that you aren’t? – Greedy.
Muffins? – Sure.
Wish list item? – Shoes.
Where did you grow up? – India.
Last thing you did? – Dinner.
What are you wearing? –
Your TV? – Color.
Your pets? – None.
Friends? – Incredible.
Your life? – Awesome !
Your mood? – Bored.
Missing someone? – Many.
Vehicle? – Black :D.
Something you’re not wearing? – Watch.
Your favorite store? – Bookstore.
Your favorite color? – Black.
When was the last time you laughed? – Evening.
Last time you cried? – Wednesday.
Your best friend? -
One place that you go to over and over? – Work.
One person who emails me regularly? – Friend.
Favorite place to eat? – Home.
So there, I’m done. Please take it up if you want to…and let me know so I can come and read!
…with a tag that Dido was kind enough to pass on. Thank goodness!
Rules: Respond and rework – answer these questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own, and add one more question to the list.
Simple enough, I think.
- What is your current obsession?
- What are you wearing today?
What’s up with all these tags asking people what they are wearing ‘at this moment’, ‘today’, etc.? How does it even matter? Who is going to gain anything from knowing what I’m wearing????
- What’s for dinner?
Don’t know. Leftovers from yesterday, maybe.
- What’s the last thing you bought?
- What are you listening to right now?
My friend on phone.
- What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Hmm…a nice fellow blogger. Don’t really know much.
- If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Ok let me go research on which place is the hottest real estate market today…because that would be my pick :P. So that I can sell the house and get some cash ;-).
- What are your must-have pieces for summer?
A swimsuit, maybe. Oh well, nothing is a ‘must-have’ really.
- If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Some warm island far far away where it would be just me and my books.
- Which language do you want to learn?
- What’s your favourite quote?
“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.”
- Who do you want to meet right now?
My friend H.
- What is your favourite colour?
Black. Without a doubt!
- What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
All my summer dresses.
- What is your dream job?
I haven’t figured out what I wanna do, what it is that I’m really passionate about…Once I do that, then I will think about the dream job.
- What’s your favorite magazine?
- If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
- What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Can’t really comment on something I don’t know much about :-).
- Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?
Every single one of them. What is ‘style’ anyway?
- What kind of haircut do you prefer?
Shoulder length with layers.
- What are you going to do after this?
Either sleep or go out shopping.
- What are your favorite movies?
There are quite a few, but the only one that comes to mind right now is A Beautiful Mind.
- What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can’t live without?
I don’t wear any of those.
- Give us three styling tips that always work for you:
Style? Me? Again? Oh come on, gimme a break.
- What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
If my closet is packed (which it is…it’s actually overflowing), then I wouldn’t get to the point where I ‘have nothing to wear.’
- Coffee or tea?
Tea, I guess.
- What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Cry, rant, read, go out to get some fresh air…
- What is the meaning of your name?
- Which other blogs do you love visiting?
All those on my list here.
- Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Ice cream. Always. And also tiramisu.
- Favorite Season ?
Spring and Fall.
- If I come to your house now, what would you cook for me?
No mood to cook. How about we go out to eat?
- What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
I don’t think anybody has ever purposefully hurt me. And if someone has, then I don’t know about it…so it doesn’t really matter.
- What are you afraid of the most?
Roaches and Lizards.
- What inspires you?
A smile…a kind word – anything of that sort. When someone makes my day with a smile, I’m inspired to pass on the joy!
- Is it possible to be in love with two persons simultaneously?
Yes. Oh wait, No. Oh no, Yes. Well, I’m not really sure… Love and all that…too complicated
- Life without Music/Dance -
Would be dull, for sure.
- My Question – When you were about 10 years of age, what did you want to be when you were all grown up?
Alright, I’m done .
I’m not gonna tag anyone here. If you are reading this and want to take this up, please do so and let me know.
Have fun, everyone.